View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #25
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
I am downloading some free audio books from LibriVox for our vacation next week. We have hours and hours of driving so audio books are going to be nice. I have a audio jack to tape connection so I can play them from my car's stereo speakers and my cell phone charger also fits the charger port of the K2 so it stays charged no matter how long we are on the road!
I haven't tried to read any audio books with my K1 because every book I have is multiple MP3 files -- and the Kindle plays MP3 files in a random/shuffle order. I don't think I'd enjoy a book if I heard the chapters in non-sequential order!

I have a tiny MP3 player that supports "Playlists" and use a mini-jack to mini-jack cable to connect the player to my car's stereo system. The new car even has a USB connection and will play sequentially through the files in a folder. I put my audio books onto a 8G thumb drive (along with lots of music) and plug it into the car; another way to have audio books in the car.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote