View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
If I were you, and in one sense I have been and in another I still am... I would set myself a small goal. auto-process some photos, display some data in a graph, crunch some logs for data or do whatever Go does best...
get a done deal project under your belt and built on that. Every single programmer ever SUCKED until they got swing of it. Even geniuses need to learn other peoples syntax. Think of it as a foreign language or a type of literal poetry, in that way the general rules begin to sink in rather than the syntactical minutia.
Pushing on and trying is the only way. Good on you for at the very least doing that mate. No doubt good things will come of it. Oh, and read. a lot.
: ) Go go go!
Thanks for the encouragement! I was just hit with a huge hammer of inspiration while reading your post. Now to go read. a lot..
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote