View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
pfgonzo
pfgonzo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Calibre books emailed to Kindle Touch Issue

Ok, I have a weird question that is driven more by my own neurosis than a "problem" that I'm having.

I'm a fan of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. DragonMount.com, a fan site, recently received permission from Tor (the publisher) to sell all of Tor's digital library DRM-free. I jumped at the opportunity and purchased the entire series (.mobi) and put them on both my wife and my Kindles (we have diff amazon accounts, and are both in the middle of re-reading the series right now).

I imported one of the books into Calibre because (for whatever reason) it had a generic cover. I added the correct ebook cover and emailed it to my Kindle Touch, along with the rest of the books. All transferred just fine. They appeared in my home screen and everything is good.

Here's my issue: My wife acquired her Kindle (a Kindle Keyboard) about a year before I bought mine, and I purchased two books that were linked to her account. I wanted them on my Kindle Touch without having to repurchase them, so I used the DeDRM tool (0.4.5), which I realize is a third party plugin, and not officially "supported." Anyway, I was able to remove the DRM and email the books (again, .mobi) to my Kindle Touch without problem, however, the books appear in BOTH my home screen and in the Archive submenu. Why would that happen?

That did not happen with the .mobi Wheel of Time books, including the one I imported into Calibre to change the cover. Why does it only happen to the .azw ones I removed the DRM from and convert to .mobi?

It does not impair the functionality of my Kindle Touch, and I can read the books just fine, but I don't like the "clutter" (here's my neurosis) of the book appearing on both the home screen AND in the Archived items. I had thought the Archived Items were only for books that were deleted from the home screen.

Anyone have any clue why they would appear in the Archive when I email them to my Kindle Touch?

Thanks!
pfgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote