View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #18
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
What is next? If they are regulating ebook prices, why not ebook readers? Where does it stop? The government should not be in the practice of regulating prices.
I agree that the government shouldn't regulate prices but they've already broken the free market system by granting these companies a copyright monopoly. I think the appropriate response is to shorten the copyright.

I personally don't believe that libraries have to lend new fiction books fulfill their purpose. If copyright was shorten to say 14 years then they could lend all the 14 year fiction books they want with no Overdrive required.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote