View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #23
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
I did a little more digging and created a dummy account with Amazon.co.uk and then went to Amazon.com to set up the DTP service. Turns out all you really need is a mailing address and to tick the 'check' box. Providing a US bank account and all the tax numbers seems to have more to do with electronic transfers, but if you go the check route all you need provide is a mailing address (I set up my account details in a snap, no problems at all). Digging deeper into the Amazon DTP site I found this little nugget (emphasis mine):

International publishers may choose to enter a tax identification number and email their form W-8BEN to dtp-support@amazon.com to reduce tax withholdings (for those countries that have a tax treaty with the United States of America.)

Downside of the 'mailed check' route is that you have to have more than $100 owed you and it will only be paid 60 days from the end of the calendar month:

...$100 or more for check payment) approximately sixty (60) days following the end of the calendar month during which applicable sales of your content occur

Hope this has helped someone out who is not part of the United States of Everything
Bless you! Thanks for that, I'll do some more digging myself now... Hmm...
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote