View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #13
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The agency model is more likely to harm eBook sales.
Agreed.

They are still at the stage where the publishers pricing structures, DRM, low quality, geographic restrictions and missing titles lose more money for publishers than piracy would. Once they set the price point right, get the quality up, remove the DRM (or make it more reasonable so I can LEND the book I bought to a relative as I would a paper book) and get the range up then they will see profits increase.

However they are terrible at fixing their own internal policy problems so instead they use the law to pursue pirates. Pirates are also easy to scapegoat!

edit: yes beating a dead horse again. But that's the reality. Piracy is a minor threat to publishers, and a lot of the piracy only occurs because publshers PUSH people towards it with the regional restrictions/restrictive drm/pricing/lack of titles and so on. They are their own worst enemy.

Last edited by fugazied; 03-31-2010 at 08:12 PM.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote