View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #35013
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
In the interim between these posts, my wife and I, working as a well-coordinated team, managed to hang a clear vinyl drape in the hallway, forming a 'mud-room' of sorts to block the cold air from coming into the house (or the hot air from leaving, depending upon your glass half filled or glass half empty view point. {deliberately ignoring the engineers here who think the glass was not properly designed} ) AND... lining the inner folding summer screen door with bubble wrap (on the outside so it can't be seen) to use as a double door to keep the cold side out side... which for some reason makes me think of 'The Song of Hiawatha' by Longfellow...

So he killed the Mudjokivis
Of the skin he made him mittens,
Made them with the fur side inside,
Made them with the skin side outside.
He, to get the warm side inside,
Put the inside skin side outside;
He to get the cold side outside
Put the warm side fur side inside.
That's why he put the fur side inside,
Why he put the skin side outside,
Why he turned them inside outside.

I don't think I'm quoting this correctly... but it's nice to sit down again after 4 minutes of hard work.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote