Thread: Biased books
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I tend to add a cautionary note in the post if I'm uploading anything particularly controversial.

I always add the note if the author uses the N***** word to refer to black people.

We've had some trouble with book titles. I converted Ronald Firbank's "Sorrow in Sunlight" using this (the original) English title. In the USA the book was released as "The Prancing N*****."
HarryT was hesitant about uploading Joseph Conrad's "The N***** of the Narcissus" under the original title, and found that it had also been issued as "The Children of the Sea" so went for that.
And surely no one will ever publish Agatha Christie's "Ten Little N******"" again. It's been appearing lately as "And Then There Were None."

I don't feel bad about uploading occasional controversial works, but often do the opposing point of view, to redress the balance. So I do both religious and atheist works; both classical liberalism and anarchism and marxism etc.
And that's why you are awesome, Patricia
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote