View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
OT, I know, but to be fair, ex-smokers know better than anyone else how bad they can be for their health and general comfort.

I grew up in a household of smokers (mother and 3 out of 4 brothers). I put myself in that "rabid anti-smoker" group because when I moved out I discovered how wonderful it was not to have everything I owned smell like smoke or contain a yellow film of god-knows-what. My brother quit smoking a few years back and still hasn't stopped talking about how much better food tastes.

I do understand how hard it is to quit, so I don't harass people for smoking (I might nudge now and again). I do ask them not to do it in my car or in my home. I was thrilled when the smoking ban went into place in restaurants so I could enjoy my meals without choking on cigarette fumes, even if there were "designated non-smoking areas".
i'm an ex tobacco smoker but I'm not rabid about it. looking back it's easier to see what a disgusting habit it actually is. i think my biggest revelation came when i realized just how bleeping bad cigarettes stink. they literally smell almost as bad as an open sewer and i can't believe i intentionally did that to myself.

i don't spit on smokers, i don't give them a hard time but it is a vile habit that makes one smell like dog **** and i am glad that i don't have to be subjected to it everywhere i go now anymore. Infinitely safer and infinitely less offensive things like electronic cigarettes exist these days (which I use, it's just nicotine in a propolyne glycol base, the same stuff that's in toothpaste, cake icing, etc, with flavoring added. nicotine unto itself isn't harmful and actually has some health benefits), there's no need to still be smoking those reeking cancer sticks.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote