View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviebi View Post
So I have a pet peeve about moving about in the book list and menu items and books and web browsing. I wish that when you are at the top of the list and you press the up on the dpad it would select the last of the list and vice-versa. I hate having to hit the down 8+- times to get to opposite side.
Is there a key shortcut for this?
anyone else have this pet peeve?
I have been annoyed by this for quite some time. As Harry wrote, there are situations where the Kindle does wrap.

If you think that it is bad on a 6" screen, try to imagine what it is like on a kindle DX. I have had to make exactly enough collections to fill one page so that the book at the top of the list is at the top of the second page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviebi View Post
This is about the only thing that I find annoying with the kindle... (I feel like I've betrayed my kindle and the kindle gods will strike me down )
Thanks for reading,
Sylvie
There are similar problems. The "Prev Page" button should take you to the last page from the first page. The Periodicals collection is at the bottom of the last page, and the ability to put a saved periodical item in any other collection is specifically grayed out. Grrrr!

Also, the pop-up for GoTo... can only be traversed from end to beginning and I have to do multiple clicks every time I use it.

The Pocketbook 360 handles all of these except getting to the last page much much better than the Kindle, but even that is mitigated by the pb360 support of multiple levels of subdirectories.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote