View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #24
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I've downloaded some of these books. Keep 'em coming if you think of anything new!
Someone upstream said Niven and Pournelle, but Larry Niven has a large string of books that fit into his "Known Space" series/timeline. One set that is currently being published is his " XXX of Worlds" series co-written with Edward Lerner. Also, I suspect you would like the original "Ringworld" and all it's sequels.

Another entry into Niven's series and worlds is through the Man-Kzin War anthologies from Baen. Originally, Larry used to say he didn't write good military fiction, but his timelines demanded several large wars. He ended up inviting selected co-authors to write stories in the settings of these wars, and I think they're now up to volume 12 or so.

Side distraction: At an SF con some years ago, I heard a description of Niven-Pournelle as something like "Niven is independently wealthy, but is driven to write. Pournelle is very much not."
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote