View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #46
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
So in summary: The outline is useful for storing researched facts, not for making stuff up. At least not to me.
That's clearly where we differ: When I use an outline, it is easier to "make stuff up" there, everything except specific dialogue, so I know just exactly where the story's going when I start writing. That also makes it easier to concentrate on the dialogue, to make it as realistic and effective as I can.

Not that I can't imagine how someone else could do it any differently, but that's the one method that works for me. And it results in minimal burning (See? I do remember the OP!).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote