View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I just made my first mistake and bought an Adobe Secure PDF.

What a mistake. They require one to use their new special software that requires an internet connection so they can download the PDF directly to their reader.
Actually you could have used Adobe Reader 7 (or an earlier version). Adobe Reader 8 does not handle DRM encryption of PDF files, so you have to use Adobe's separate Digitial Editions reader. This software is very limited (at least it was when I looked at it a few months ago), and it locked the file down so it could not be read on any other devices. I think Adobe's loosened this up a little with their most recent version of Digitial Editions, but it's still too locked down for me.

You probably won't be able to do much with the book you just purchased, but you can still download Adobe Reader 7 and use that instead for any other PDF books you might get.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote