View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
A nice thorough analysis of your problem. I can only throw you one answer, one question, and hope you make the right decision for you. The one answer is that PDFs that are formatted for A4 or letter pages (that would be about 99.9% of all PDFs) look awful on a Sony. You can see them but they really are not readable. The PDFLRF utility available on this forum will do a good job of fixing them up so that you can read them on your Sony. It's a very functional utility and saved me since I have many such documents. The one question is how would your decision tree look if Sony expanded their sales outside the U.S. soon? I can't believe this is meant to be permanent and if it changes you'll have no problems using it in Canada. But no one seems to know the reason Sony and Amazon have both started this way and so who knows if or when they will change. Good luck!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote