View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
melchioe
Addicted
melchioe began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Nooks, PRS-505, Kindles, lots of old ones
Fictionwise book transfer fail

I have purchased 160+ books through eReader, 60+ through Fictionwise, and another 50+ through eBookWise (270+ in total). None have ever transferred to my Nook account or devices.

In November 2012, I got the initial email. On December 6, 2012, I got the access code, and redeemed it online. I got the message: "Items are being added to your library. Your access code is being redeemed, and your items will be available in your library shortly."

In February, I started calling. I have called 21 times (each call is logged in my journal, along with agent name and the name of the supervisor that I inevitably get transferred to. Their responses include:
  • telling me they'll send me a new access code, resulting in the exact same access code being sent again (6 times, and each time, I faithfully did what they told me and submitted it, getting the same "items will be available in your library shortly" message)
  • telling me that someone will need to transfer them manually, please wait 10 business days for the transfer to be complete
  • telling me that we need to escalate this to management/Fictionwise/supervisor and we will call you back (no one has ever called me back in the 7 times they told me this)
  • telling me to call the Fictionwise transfer number instead of Digital management, giving me the number of 855-654-9332, and that just happens to be the number I just called - I literally laughed out loud each of the 8 times I was given this circular advice
  • telling me that 110 titles have been redeemed, but I will only be able to see them on an actual Nook device, they will not be listed in my online account or be viewable in my iPad app, my Windows app, my android app, or my Mac app. This is especially odd to me since I had to be logged into my online account to redeem the access code...
  • having me de-register/erase and then re-register my nook device so that the redeemed books will show up - (gee, that didn't work either...)

Does any of this sound familiar? Has anyone gotten to see transferred books in the online library or anything other than the Nook device? Does it make a difference whether it was orginailly purchased on eReader, Fictionwise, or eBookwise?

Oh, and while I didn't check all 270+ books, of the 80+ I did check, not a single one appeared on the "will not transfer" list.
melchioe is offline   Reply With Quote