View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #1261
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
oooclll...

1) treat collections as they are as a version 1. I'm looking into something similar to what you're describing as well as 'demarcations'.
2) I'm experimenting with a 'sync-back' of metadata over OPDS. It is complex and will take a while.
3) if you count email, iTunes, Dropbox, OPDS and the web browser, there a 5 ways to get books in Marvin. Isn't this a good thing? I'm working on even more ways. As a convenience Marvin's OPDS browser lets you download 'foreign types' such as PDF or mobi books into another app. If you happen to have a mobi book you'd like to read in kindle, isn't it good that Marvin 'plays nice' and less you get it wirelessly? I cannot offer the same in Dropbox because it will slow down the file listing process.

For better or worse, I'm sifting through 250 feature requests and working on the iPhone version so it will take some time.