View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
PDF Support for 'Fit visible' or 'Paging while zoomed'?

I'm curious if the DR1000 supports the following for PDFs:

Fit Visible: the page is automatically zoomed in so the white space of the margins are cropped. I saw this shown in a video of the Onyx Boox reader.

Paging while zoomed: this is where after you zoom into the page, you can use the next / prev buttons to move the zoomed view like a sliding window in a Z-like pattern, where it first scrolls across the page, and at the edge, it moves the window down and back to the opposite edge. Then once the bottom is reached, next will go to the next page. I think the Sony may do something like this. What I don't want is to have the next / prev buttons actually go to the next page and show the a zoomed view of the next page, which means I have to use the stylus to constantly shift the window around back and forth. Scrolling is for LCDs, not e-ink.

It's likely that the DR800 will have different PDF features compared to the DR1000 since it will be using the Adobe engine. But it's possible that the DR800 implementation may initially lack features from the DR1000 due to the newness of the implementation.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote