View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I am not sure I understand your question, but if you want to post something that will appear if somebody searches for a specific hashtag, e.g. Amazon, you should just mention it in your tweet, e.g. "My latest book is on #amazon, see http://link.html"

Then if somebody searches for #amazon, your tweet will appear. But maybe you were asking something else.

EDIT: just took the liberty to look at your twitter page: I don't think you should put the hashtag symbol before the link, but before any keyword that you want to direct people to your tweets. For instance, if you want it to be found by people looking for the word "mistake" you would tweet "
Thanks paola. I see what you're saying about the #mistake thing. But I didn't express my problem well. If I send a tweet with a tiny url included for one of my ebooks and include a hashtag stream (eg. #kindle), the tweet will go onto my stream, but it will not go into the #kindle stream. If I remove the tiny url, the tweet will go into my stream of course, but it will then also go into the #kindle stream.

The reason I put the # in front of the url is because that is the only way I can get a url into Twitter. (Actually I shouldn't say that. If I include a tiny url say from a major magazine, they will post it in the hashtag stream. But if the hash tag is for one of my ebooks-- no. For some reason when I put the hashtag is in front of the url it does go into the desired hashtag stream. (I don't know why. I just saw someone else doing it and I tried it and it worked.)

So at least that way I have a url in the tweet and it's in the desired hash tag stream, but it's a--needlessly--cumbersome process and the results are less than optimal because then potential readers need to copy and past the url, rather than just clicking on it. (See with the # in front of the tiny url, the url is not a link and therefore not click-able.)

So what I want is a way to get my tiny urls into the hashtag streams I desire them to be in. I see all kinds of people using tiny urls in the same hash tag rooms I'm trying to get into, but I, for whatever reason, have been unable to.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote