View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #42
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
My personal impression is/was they would like to build up the picture of them beeing a big player in b2b and beeing very generous to give us the end consumer their high end business products.
But in the end i think we, the very first adaptors, helped them out in a financial way by preordering and paying the first waves of iLeads.
They were never a "big player". Neither in B2C nor B2B markets. While it is true that many early adopters helped them out in some way, their money still came from ABN Amro and Main Capital and in the early days from Philips (well, no surprise here) and Sony. They had also agreements with some specialized companies who are still using or selling devices based on the iLiad and DR1000. No big deals but maybe sufficient for a company of that size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Maybe i am wrong but their good sounding press releases about newspaper launch tests or ilead's replacing school books projects were never followed by news documentating their "big success"
"Good sounding press releases" are just part of the marketing puzzle - in every company.

Finally they tried to go a completely new way, tried to compete with the Amazons and Sonys of this world and failed terribly.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote