View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #133
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Just doing some review here. Status on my goals. Since the beginning of the year I've been able to complete 16 pieces mostly essays and mostly in the science vein at various reading levels but mostly targeted at a general audience. A couple of fiction pieces and maybe 10 or 12 poems. The prose pieces range from about 300 words for the shortest one (The Blanket - on my Mansions blog) to about 3000 words (Death at the End of the Century - a personal memoir and part of my Growing up stories collection).

Total word count is about 25k - not nearly what I'd like but respectable I think.

I'll be pushing real hard the rest of April to complete as many more as possible in my "How do we know" series.

I'd like to have book length collections of each of those two (How Do We Know, Growing Up Stories) completed by the end or the year and preferably much earlier -- like Sept/Oct if possible.

Some of these have been posted on my blogs

Hope everyone is writing hard and your goals are either completed or progressing well!