View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
I do short fiction too, but not all that often anymore, mostly because people don't seem interested in short fiction as much these days.
I've done short fiction, but the only one I've got with any decent number of downloads is one I put up for free. So it would seem that there's truth in what you've said about people not wanting short fiction. Dad comments a lot about how he sees kids at work (mainly girls) carrying these huge tomes.

Some of the demise of short fiction might be the fact that magazines just don't have room for it anymore. Dragon magazine (the one formerly published by TSR and Wizards of the Coast) used to have a good piece of short fantasy or sci-fi every month. That space now goes to advertising instead of imagination-fueling fiction.

Last edited by teh603; 06-24-2012 at 09:27 AM.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote