View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #319
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
well i finally installed the new firmware on my dxg the other night. thought id provide some feedback.

the process: i used the pre compile image from piratebay. the first time i tried the initial step on the client it got stuck 'Vcreating image' for over 2 hours and i had to reset my kindle. i think the problem was my usb cord was still attached to kindle as it worked fine the second time. the proceeding steps worked fine.

the update: seems very stable so far and almost seems a bit faster than the native 2.5.8! amazon have no excuses for not rolling these updates across all its kindles and are clearly engaging in dodgy marketing activities to boost sales of newer models.

some issues i have noticed already:

1 power up after sleep is very slow...over 20 seconds...please fix this if you can
2 i can confirm all my active content is missing and not functioning.
3 tabel of contents on pdfs dont work..this was one of the main reasons for my trying the new firmware
4 the browser can take a long time to fire up

apart from the above im impressed how well this firmware behaves on the dxg
update...the browser will sometime fail to load and can take over a minute to boot up! starting to consider going back to 2.5.8 as the bugs are getting in the way of the benefits after a few days use.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote