Thread: Literary Chess Story by Stefan Zweig
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Just out of curiosity - do any of our readers of Chess actually play the game?
Yes, I do. I'm a member of a chess club and quite regular play in team competitions (Does this answer your second question too? When I chose the avatar I thought it tells something about me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
When I was in University I was a member of the Chess Club and played for its team. I was very enthusiastic about the game and its history then. But, like yourself, I found the cut and thrust of the game--the need to win rather debilitating. It really can become obsessive. Thus I switched to Chess problems which have a kind of satisfying abstract beauty which I continue to enjoy.
I had a suspicion in this direction when I read your long post above.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote