View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
I've been buying watermarked books for a year now or so. And once I pay I get the copy both in mobi and epub. I haven't touched ADE for a looong time.
I recently noticed that a paper book that I purchased had an offer to get the ebook. Inside the front flap was a page that you had to cut open with some codes in tabular format. On the website you entered two of the codes and registered the paper book with your account, which then gave you permissions to download an unprotected epub, mobi, or pdf. Not sure if the mobi or epub was watermarked, but the PDF had my name and e-mail address on the page footers. Apparently all of that publisher's books were like that. {Manning Publications}

Not a bad system... I wish more paper books did that... I might actually buy more paper books if that were the case.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote