View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
If my memory serves me right Amazon bought Mobi, that could mean the Kindle could do it too.
Your memory does serve you right. I think it would be colossally stupid of them to move away from MOBI to some new proprietary format, but corporations have an astounding capacity for colossal stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Mostly I'm concerned that they'll force you buy their Kindle to buy their books. In my opinion, that would be a boneheaded decision, but that doesn't mean they won't do it.
No, sadly, it doesn't. But we can hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
... I just hope that Amazon will announce that with the Kendle they are adopting the non-proprietary epub format for the eBooks they intend to sell.
I'd love to see that too, even if it still incorporated DRM, if it was inter-compatible DRM (usable on multiple types of devices), I think that would remove a lot of the objections to DRM (and obstacles to e-books) right there.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote