View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android
Update, I tried a lot of things but did not succeed. I've tried <b>author</b> , <i>author</i>, <a><p>author</a></p> and only succeeded with one document.

Fixed it. LOL. I am a dunce.

I think it may have been because I didn't include a space. this time I input <i>Title </i> and <i>author </i> and it worked quite well! (Take note for others who may wonder how to do this. xD)

New question, however: How would I use the Search and Replace features in the Metadata field? It doesn't seem to be working the same way? Or maybe it does? (I haven't used the <i> and </i> tags. lol. I forgot.)

Further experimentation resulted in:

It would seem that the RegEx MUST be case-sensitive according to the wizard. If you input <i>title</i> and the code is listed as <i>title </i> in the wizard's results, it won't work.

Also, may just be a fluke, but when I did <i>title<i>,<i>author</i> instead of <i>author</i>,<i>title</i> it won't work. But if I reciprocate that, it does. Really strange, but really enjoying the experimentation!! Quite fun. Now all I need is a Regex to remove page numbers.

*Goes off to donate again rofl.*

Edit with a question:

Okay, this is one thing I am stumped on. How would I provide a RegEx for the following code:

"<A name=2></a>Title<br>
<i>by Author</i>

I have successfully removed the Author, so now it just has the title, but I have no idea how to remove the title. Using "</a>Title<br> doesn't seem accurate, <i>Title </i> didn't work, neither did <b>Title </b>.

Holy crap, I figured it out LOL.

I was unaware that when it's in this cyntax, the proper Regex for the Title would be

TITLE

Without html added. Interesting!!

Last edited by Dullahir; 03-15-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Dullahir is offline   Reply With Quote