Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #414
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheingold View Post
In the moment I have no need to go back, but it's always usefull to knew what to do when time is come.
I have also an other idea to go back:

(1) I have the original EbookReader.apk extracted from a rescue image.
(2) I replace the EbookReader.akp in the install-noroot/sdcard/updates/system/app folder with the original from (1) and then
(3) I flashed the original (back) with the install-noroot method

As I said I have no need for this now, but do You think that it will be a way to go back?
Was thinking the same thing. I'd imagine you would also need to include the EbookReader.odex as well when you restore and should be work.

Question I have is how did you extract the original apk from the rescue image? I did notice the rescue set essentially restores from a system.img that is written using dd -- can this .img just be mounted as is to extract files?