View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by raenedaz View Post
Your first idea, yeah, just figured out last night I can eject it in Calibre, as opposed to my normal unplug. How do I know if it's finished running? The jobs list finishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
By default in Windows, any USB connected device has write-caching disabled. I've never had any problems just waiting until the Calibre jobs icons stop spinning and unplugging without using the "eject" feature.

If you open device manager and go to the properties of the Kobo, you can verity that write-caching is indeed disabled.
Ok, a disabled write cache makes my first idea moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raenedaz View Post
I've read in here about running it from the command line. This sound like DOS. I have no idea how to do this.
I'm a unix guy, so I'm not completely sure myself, but it should be something like:
  1. open a command prompt (start -> run -> cmd)
  2. navigate to your Calibre install (cd \Program Files\???)
  3. start Calibre

Then watch that command window when you try to send your books to your reader.

(didn't there use to be an option to right-click on an icon, select properties, & then tell it to run the process in a command line?)

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote