View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 08:12 AM   #4
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Ah, great, thanks for the help! Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but if it works for you, I'm sure I'll be able to get it to work for me. I use JPluck instead of Plucker Desktop, but I am using Plucker 1.8 on my Palm. I haven't been using sitescooper at all for a little while now, but now I can get back to it. Admittedly I wound up finding less use for it than I expected, as JPluck can pull most of the sites that I want, but there are still a few, like NYTimes, that seem to work best with Sitescooper. (There's been some great strides here in getting NYT to work with a normal parser, but I prefer the control over content that I can get with Sitescooper.) And yah, it's a huge shame that Sitescooper appears to be dead. I'm on the list too, and I get almost nothing. I believe that JPluck has died also, so I'm not sure how much longer that will be viable, though it works great right now. I've never even tried Plucker Desktop because I read that the two sync conduits were mutually exclusive and you needed to use one or the other. I find it interesting that you're happy with it. Might have to look at it again one of these days...

Thanks again for the help. And yes, I hope that MobileRead can become a new center of Sitescooper; if not development (I'm hardly a programmer either), then at least for usage assistance.