View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #77
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Probably completely unfair, but I don't like books where the main is a reporter (and just happened to have put one down for this *egregious* sin. :>)

Spelling or grammar problems in the blurb, although spacing issues won't get an automatic no. (Spacing: meaning two paragraphs are together or even a missing space. I know there are problems with the entry on this sort of thing.)

I pretty much avoid zombies. I am not a fan of vamps as the main romance angle. Dead guys don't interest me. Guys who drink blood really don't interest me.

So and so "just wants to be normal." I get the whole "fit in" thing especially with YA books, but the truth is, we all want to be special, not normal. So the whole trope of "gosh, if only I weren't a witch. Gosh, I sure wish I didn't see ghosts all the time." And so on. Give me a break. For all I know ghosts are as boring as my neighbors, but it still seems like it might be interesting to chat with a few. Any time Mark Twain has some time on his hands, he's free to stop on over.

Anything that says "adult content, graphic content, torture scenes, explicit just about anything."
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote