View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #38
Russells_Teapot
Russells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch
My daughter and I got new Kobo Touch's this weekend. Neither of them will connect to our home network.

Here's the network details:

SSID: Penguin
Security type: Shared
Encryption Type: WEP

And I have to specify the network security key.

There appears to be no way to change the security type. All of the other devices in the house can use this network, including:

Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 desktops and laptops.
MacBook Air
Smartphones (Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Phone)
Tablets - XP Tablet and iPad
iPods
Sony PS/3 and a Nintendo Wii.
My wife's Kindle

The ONLY ones that cannot are the two Kobos.

Any hints? Oh, and changing the security on our network is not really an option. The wireless networks at my place, my fathers place and my father-in-laws place all use the same settings, allowing us to instantly attach to the network, whenever we visit.

Not one device has had a problem, once provided with the correct settings, in almost 10 years. I've used several different routers here and at the other locations, and I've used both ADSL and Cable systems.

Last edited by Russells_Teapot; 12-05-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Russells_Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote