View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #18
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I guess I fall into the catagory of people that says if I can't see it in the books I am reading then I am not worried about a persons opinions.

I read the Golden Compass not knowing about the controversy behind the books and went "Wohooo talk about Catholic bashing" and went online to find that my thoughts about the books were shared by many. I have not bought any more books by that author because I did not care for the book based on the message I took from the book.

I stopped reading Tom Clancy when his becomes became a vehicle to lecture about his political beliefs on a regular basis instead of the occassional opinion of his characters. It became too much for me.

I have never noticed any over the top religious or political bent to Card's books. Of course there are lessons and messages there but for the most part he lets me draw out of the books what I want and does not chastise me through his characters.

That is what is important for me. I do understand the desire to boycott a certain author or actor or artist because of their political or social views. There is plenty out there for folks to read, there is no reason to read something that you find unappealing for whatever reason.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote