View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I have spent a good portion of my career working with kids 5 and under. My youngest is currently 5.

I totally agree with DG about making time to read. As a result of me reading daily to my kids, my oldest now follows in his mommy's footsteps and reads while walking around the house, doing chores, lying in bed, purportedly sleeping, etc. Recently there was a school dance (young kids, a lot of running around, kicking balloons around) and my son soon found his way to the corner with a book he had procured from out of thin air. Bad lighting, noise, commotion...and he was totally absorbed.

My kids find the library a happy sanctuary, just as I always did. Teacher colleagues and mommy friends alike complain they have no time to read. I don't know what they are talking about. I make time to read, whether I have been a sahm with 3 kids 3 and under, or a f/t teacher with 3 young school kids. Reading is a priority.

Your poll and your post don't seem to match at all.

(And I hate seeing badly behaved kids as well!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote