View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Thanks for the link, crich. That's a great book.

I've heard about Nano for donkey's years but always in Fall or Winter and always after it actually started. I've been toying with the idea of starting it this year and writing with my trusty fountain pens and cheap paper. It's counter intuitive but by slowing myself down, and using a medium that makes it harder to get stuck trying to edit what I just typed, I'm hoping to use Nano's idea to push on quickly, do the creative part while leaving edits for later. No spell-checker, no word counter, no grammar checker, no nags at all until the day's writing is done.

I don't know whether or not it will it work. Maybe I'll get slowed down too much, but I might give it a try.
Sometimes initial ideas can come easier by writing them down on paper. I'm going to work on the pre-writing planning for my NaNo using pens and legal pads and then transfer everything to a Scrivener file. Good luck on your NaNo.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote