View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #54
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It makes sense if you read the posts in chronological order.

At the time I made that post, it had not yet been reported that the known procedure of 5.2 did not work.
Yeah, right. My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowlight View Post
Sorry, guys. Maybe I am a dimwit but I'm still not really sure if I can safely upgrade to 5.3 -- any conclusion on that? I am not running/don't need to run any hacks besides the screensaver one. Thanks.
What knc1 said, essentially. If you're upgrading to 5.3.0, you are locking yourself out regarding any further modifications. (At least for the time being. We may, or may not, find another exploit). It's Amazon who started the arms race, not us.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote