View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Do you still have a turntable?
LPs can be easily digitized and cleaned up with readily-available and cheap software. (Some even free.)
All you need is a PC and a cheap pre-amp (I found one at Radio Shack for US$25).
Works pretty good; the CDs I've been burning sound better than the worn LPs they come from.

As for the extra room, put a recliner, a lamp, and a table. A quiet room for reading?
I bought a (non-USB) turntable for $45 (new ones mostly seem to have a built-in pre-amp) and a $3 RCA cable, downloaded free Audacity software, and am happily converting my LPs to mp3s. It's great to hear all my old Sinatra LPs again!

Amazon sells a Behringer pre-amp for around $20, if you have an old turntable.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote