View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 01:50 AM   #6
virtual_ink
Zealot
virtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad2, Kindle
I have a very similar workflow to nhmuse, and I'd support a forum for this kind of discussion. I edit in TextWrangler for code and am yet to convert to Mobi - have read how to use kindlegen and it sounds simple enough.

From what I understand, CS5.5 is the first ID to export decently clean code once you apply export tags (which is super quick and easy), but I haven't verified this, as I haven't exported from CS3.

I'm interested to know what text settings people are using in ID to export in order to create a decent stylesheet. At the moment I have gone for a very generic text setting:

Section title: Georgia, bold, 20 pt, auto leading, grey
Chapter heading: bold, 14 pt, 16 px space after
Subtitle: bold itals, 12 pt, 4 px space after
Body: 12 pt, 4 px space after
Indent: 11 pt, indented 32 px left and right, 16 px before and after

I'm reasonably happy with the results on export to epub. But would be interested in improving where possible. I'd love to get a typesetter/web designers opinion on what makes for good CSS settings in an epub, and how to set up my styles in ID to achieve them on export.
virtual_ink is offline   Reply With Quote