View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 02:07 AM   #37
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
In this fast evolving world of ereaders, I hope he lends his same enthusiasm and land at another ereader distributor.

Please announce it here, Robertb. I'll follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, if the bad taste in our mouths is true, then if there was a gag order, there was probably a "no compete" clause. For that very reason.

But it occurred to me that if Robert really did volunarily retire and Astak truly is trying to maintain the "Astak cares about our customers" that Robert brought to the forums (and which brought many of us to Astak), then Astak has stumbled right out of the blocks.

Why did we only learn about the PLUS being on sale RIGHT NOW TODAY only as an incidental response to a post?

A "Bad News/Good News" double posting would have done wonders to bolster Astak's claim of caring as much as Robert:

Bad News: "Beloved Astak representative mysteriously disappears from Mobileread Forums"

Good News: "EZ Reader PLUS now available for purchase at www.astak.com (although you have to REALLY work hard to find it)"

But we almost didn't even know about it, except as a response that sounded pretty much like "and this is another thing Robert got wrong."
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote