View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 02:36 AM   #12
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Ordinarily abridged books are against my religion, but I think it's the only realistic option, at least for me, in this case. I assume Monkey is worth reading on its own merits.
I read the 1600 page version and it is worth reading, one could read quickly through the ' flowery' descriptions, but these form part of the 'cultural' charm of the book. It all is such a different world from our western world, but is refered to in the asiatic parts more than one would think. I was in a bit of doubt about presenting this book because of the many pages. Ahem.... My other choice for this opening would have been the Mahabharata........
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote