View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #140
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops0000 View Post
ok,i know its been a few days, but i just read your
post more thoroughly, and i saw what you said at the end about another way to check for a keypress event.
well i was fumbling around blindly while a video was going, trying to close the video(i had forgotten about ctr c) and i somehow typed in hd, which displays keypresses like command prompt in windows displays ctrl commands... with alot of arrows and a letter corresponding to the keypress.
i was wondering... could there be someway to use that to close videos?
btw sorry for grammatical/spelling errors, im typing this on my kindle... XD
"hd" is not on all the kindles. It is a shortcut for "hexdump -C" (hex dump with "sanitized" ASCII). It should not interrupt the video. Apparently with no parameters, it dumped STDIN (containing stuff that you type). I do not think that all hexdump versions default to STDIN, but it sounds like it may be useful (as long as it does not buffer STDIN and only output in "spurts"). All of the eink kindles that I tested have "watforkey" built in -- try it.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-13-2012 at 01:31 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote