View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #12
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, I know, but personally I really don't give a damn. If anyone wants to track what I do with my iPhone, they are very welcome to do so. It's not a secret.
It's not just about you. There are somewhat larger principles involved.

People have already been asked for their Facebook and other logins as part of a job interview procedure, people have been fired for what is on their Facebook pages or other data they've left on the web. What happens when everything you do online is collated and available to anyone, including a potential employer, who is prepared to pay the collators for it? It's bad enough when the NSA knows your entire life. I don't want Madison Avenue, and anyone else to whom they care to sell it, to know it as well, and apparently I'm not alone in that.

Last edited by plib; 06-07-2012 at 03:54 AM.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote