View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckels550 View Post
I have been uploading ebooks onto my Kobo - it just came from RMA and I have some 400+ files to load onto it. I deleted some folders on the Kobo using Windows Explorer on Win7 64 bit. I am running into the following error when I try to send ebooks to my Kobo. Is there anyway to unlock the metadata.calibre file?

(13, 'Permission denied')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 68, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 303, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 304, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 301, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'K:\\metadata.calibre'

I think that Calibre has an issue with Sleep mode on the Kobo. If the device is in sleep mode when I set up for USB connection then the metadata.calibre file is not available for updates. If the Kobo device is powered off mode, then there doesn't seem to be an issue.

That is the library scan that is used for the green (on device) check marks (not Metadata.db).
It exists on your device and can be deleted, it will just take longer to rebuild the first time you attach.
I suggest that you not transfer books until the task wheel stops spinning.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote