View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 07:25 AM   #15
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrycat
According to Alex Henzen, most of the problems, like the power managment are alredy fixed. My device doesn't have the last version because it's still being tested, but when it is released next week i just have to update the device.
It's great to hear that they are working round the clock to get make this beauty shine

Quote:
When they mention time instead of pages, they are considering you are writing on screen, using heavily the processor and CF SD cards.
So if I understand correctly, with the final software version, you could turn everything completely off when you only want to read a book, and thus maintaining a battery life similar to that of the Sony Reader?

Quote:
I will have to show pictures, but this laptop doesn't have a card reader so it will have to wait maybe tomorrow my connection will be ok.
Thank you!! Cannot wait to see them.

Quote:
can see a big diference when reading on the Iliad. It has much better contrast between the black and white. It is also quicker changing pages (after the caching delay). This is because the Iliad and Sony reader use the "second version" of eink screens. I don't know about Jinke, but it probably also uses the same.
The iLiad has slightly fewer ppi (158 compared to 167 of 6-inch screen devices). But I guess from your account that this doesn't have a visible negative impact.

Quote:
Any other questions? Lets hope tomorrow i will have the internet working ok
Here is one: How is the feel factor of the device? It looks a lot bigger than the other readers, and I wonder if your arm gets tired from holding it for a longer time. Also, how easy is it to "flip" pages? I remember fondly back in the past the good old scroll wheel of my Sony Clie.

Thanks for taking the time, Henrique. You rock!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote