View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #31
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
It's interesting that like-mindedness tends to shape assessment at every level of a debate. People who believe in one idea as opposed to another will award points to the person who reiterates a joke as opposed to the one who actually thought of it.

I say this not because I need the points but to ask another question:

If people are unwilling either to credit a source or fully read a post with which they disagree (which could lead to not knowing whom to credit), then where is the actual substance of that debate? It could be that what we like to call debates are actually opinion polls with extended comments.

For the example in this thread, see below.
Blimey, it seems I've been wrapped over the knuckles for not listening in class ....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote