Old 12-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #413
ACGAuthor
Enthusiast
ACGAuthor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Yep, you got it!

And no need to apologize for less obvious features not being more obvious, it takes us all a little experience (and perhaps a lot of help) to get used to all the things you can do! I mean, there are so many of them, where do you start learning? (Or so I thought in the beginning. Now I'm a pro. I think. )
Yes, well, until you mentioned it, I never even noticed the "Calibre" icon on the toolbar. I just always went straight for the one that said "Preferences" and I was coming up blank there. Suddenly whole new possibilities have opened up!

Regarding things like templates and plugboards I sort of have a mental block where this kind of stuff is concerned. I can't seem to teach myself just by reading about it--it just all seems like so much gibberish--but if someone breaks it down and explains it to me, with examples, I can usually figure out how to monkey-see-monkey-do the simpler stuff. So your little explanation about what the numbers and symbols meant helped a lot.

If you ever do figure out a more streamlined way to add a specific tag based on the array of various tags each different book might have, (like one overall tag for SFF/UF/PNR when the tags the books might come with are scifi, sci-fi, science fiction, fantasy, urban, urban fantasy, vampires, werewolves, magic, paranormal, etc etc etc) I would be very interested in that. It won't help categorize books that come with no tags or only very vague and general ones, but it would help.

Thanks again for everything. This was fun!
ACGAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote