View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@theducks - ahhh, you spotted my deliberate lockdown of those fields then

I allowed title editing because I figured people might be doing cleanup to strip stuff series info out as part of making it in a series.

Authors I didn't really think people would want to change - and enabling it would mean I had to wire up an authors dropdown inside the grid which was more work.

PubDate I can see people more likely wanting to change on this screen, but I didn't want to have to deal without figuring out the UI for it .

That just leaves the New Series column, which in this case is being automatically populated by the magic underneath, life would get horribly complicated if I allowed in-cell editing on that. Particularly since one of my personal dislikes about the equivalent calibre column that sparked this whole plugin is how clunky it is to edit the value of with the square bracket pain.

Another possibility is to turn that column into just a numerical column (not displaying the series name), thereby allowing you to just double-click and type in a fixed series index value, treating that as a shortcut to doing a "lock" of that row to an assigned index.

I welcome any suggestions to make it all a bit less clunky/more useful - not saying I will implement them all of course but if there are some heavy users of this dialog out there that have some suggestions, feel free to vote up or down...
1) It is (still) useful just the way it is
1.5) It is not klunky

2) The (New) Series Name is at the Top, so Numeric only is with me. (for the New value. I would still like to see the OLD name. EX merging 2 series: which I have done without any pain )
Being able to set a 1 time fractional directly would be nice (Thinking onf my mix of regular and Omnibus series)

BTW Using your Plugin to rename a series insted of rename in the tag browser, has none of that ways, ugly renumbering side effects
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote