View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This file doesn't pass epubcheck, but none of the errors are significant for your problem.

Your @font-face CSS for Perpetua and Broadway seem to be over-ridden by file-specific CSS, which no longer defines the URL for the font.

Your BROADW.TFF font file is missing from the manifest

I believe that in @font-face declarations, non-generic font-family: attributes should be enclosed in "", as should the path in the url part of the src attribute. See the example in

http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-1...font-selection

Perhaps fixing these problem will improve consistency of rendering

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
Liked the plan here, but wow, am I ever doing this wrong.

I can get it to embed it so that the calibre viewer can see it, but not adobe's. Even after re-installing adobe. Nor Sony.
Zulu doesn't do it, neither does fbreader (but I'm not sure they handle embedded fonts anyway).

Ideas? I keep hoping epub will be come more universalized in the viewings, but the different readers are vastly different in their interpretations of pretty much anything I produce - maybe I'm just bad at it.

-bjc
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote