View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
revink
revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: onyx boox m92
brand new m92 onyx boox questions

Hi, this is my first post I apologize in advance if I'll make some mistake in where to post these questions.
I just received yesterday a m92 onyx book bought through the ereader-store.de and I have already spent some time on it, and I have a few questions, I would love if you could answer to them or address me to threads who deal with these issues.

Pdf reader
1) first of all I downloaded the updates I found on this forum, but while of the firmware I can check the version and know if the latest one as been installed, how can I perform the same check on pdf?
2) when I highlight the text (_Annotations_AddAnnotation) the highlight is solid black, and it gets quite hard to read the text underneath, is there a way to change the color of the annotation to a dark/light gray? Also to have a hierarchy of the annotations?
3) similar as 2, is there a way to underline the text but not with the sketch tool, but to get the neat underline you get when you do it in a digital format by selecting the words?

Dictionaries
4) I downloaded some dictionaries and as the thread was saying I created the dict folder and I can see all of them when I click in Dictionaries. But when I select a word in the pdf reader I have two problems:
4a) the word itself is not shown in the dictionary box, just the definition, and sometimes it refers to another word if that is not present, I have to enlarge the windows to see if it matches
4b) I can see only a dictionary at the time in the box while it would be nice to have alltogether all the definitions from a predefined set of dictionaries I have selected
4c) I am not completely sure how to set as default one dictionary instead of another and by the way, are there dictionaries who also have a recorded spell of the terms?

Internet browser
5) I tried to access to my gmail or other pages (even the wiki page), and I know that it can take time to load a page, but 9 times out of 10 the pages are not loaded at all, even after 10 minutes of waiting. Is it normal or has the device some problems? Are there fixes for the browser apart from the one in the firmware update?

6) Lastly, the manual on the device is quite tiny, is there an extended version somewhere?

Sorry for the many questions, I really love this device but I would like to make the most of it, thank you in advance for every answers.

cheers
V.
revink is offline   Reply With Quote