View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
duckpuppy
duckpuppy began at the beginning.

Device: Android, various
Standalone content-server and Calibre Companion issues

I have two issues, one with Calibre's standalone content server and one with Calibre Companion.

First, the standalone content-server doesn't announce itself over Bonjour/Zeroconf/whatever, so Calibre Companion doesn't see it without manually setting the IP address and port numbers. Calibre Companion works with the default empty values if I've started the content server via the GUI, but not by running the standalone content-server app. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if not for #2...

Secondly, I'm running the content-server with a url prefix of /calibre, which is the suggested way to handle integrating the content-server into another server via reverse proxy. That works nicely, except that there's no way to tell Calibre Companion that I'm using a prefix, which means that it can't see the content server even if I give it the IP address and port.

I suppose I could run multiple content server services, one with a prefix and one without, to get both to work, but that seems a bit overloaded. Is there a better way to work around these problems, or can I at least request support for a url prefix in Calibre Companion? I know my situation is a bit advanced, but I'm sure I'm not the only one out there doing this.
duckpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote