View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You could still have voltage translation issues. You may need a level shifter circuit. You may have an LED on your serial adapter that is interfering. You may have a bad ground. You may also have the wrong baud rate.
Here's a link to the adapter I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180953407401

And here's a pic from user stranger_st of the very same adapter:

I don't know if you can tell, but there appear to be 3 LED's on the board: one that lights up when plugged into a USB port, and two others labeled TX and RX (which I've yet to see lit up).

As far as I can tell, two other users here (stranger_st and stangri) have managed to use this adapter without making any modifications to it. What was their secret?!?
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote